Saturday, August 15, 2015

August 15, 2015

Hello fam!

How are you guys doing?? It looks like you guys had a good week! Wow lots happened this week! School/Exchange Student/Braces/Football! Sounds pretty legit to me.. T'was a good week here as well!! We got some wayyy good news just yesterday! I don't know if I ever told you about my friend Elder Ford, but he is this way cool kid from Ogden and I spent my first night in Argentina with him and we just became way good friends! Well he had to go home for a little, but he arrives here again on the 18th!! I am way excited to go pick him up at the airport! President told us that on the 13th that Church Head Quarters called him and said Elder Ford was ready to come back and what date President would like him to return, and he told them "Tomorrow!" haha but looks like it will be the 18th instead. :)

You think I am going back to Chimbas? I would loveeeee that! Chimbas is my home away from home! haha its way hot there year round, but I would not mind going back. :)

That's cool you guys got another exchange student! Tell Merri I say hi!! That's not a bad idea of shipping Kamrie to Japan and see how she likes it there ;) That's cool that E-dog and his friends like Monopoly, its also a little weird at the same time haha!

Glad to hear cheerleading is going good! I hope Kamrie doesn't fall from way high or something! You will have to tape it sometime and show me their new tricks!

Dang that sucks that Bryson got laid off! that's not good timing at all! Same with his car! :( We should invent a car that doesn't need a transmission! haha also I want to see a picture of Kamries car!

Also favor... Elder Trelease (well I guess William Trelease) emailed all of us and he is telling us that he is already engaged!?!? can this be true?? Haha you need to stalk him on facebook or something!

Its been a good week! Ariel and his kids assisted church again! ahhh I just wish he could stop smoking and drinking coffee. His kids are great. His daughter Milagros is way smart and likes to pay attention to us when we talk to her dad, and she is like the same age as Ethan! They are way awesome.

Also we got a new investigator that is awesome! He is like 23-24 and just lives by himself! He travels a bunch and lived in Turkey for a long time and he learned English while he was there! so we have been teaching him in English! haha it's kinda nice to teach in my first language sometimes, it doesn't happen to much, almost never!

I want to share a scripture real quick! Its in Jeremiah 29.
11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
 12 Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.
 13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
 14 And I will be found of you, saith the Lord.
I read this scripture in a Liahona just the other day on the toilet (no joke, tons of Liahonas in our bathroom! hahah it's awesome) and it talks about the times when we were little kids and we would play hide and seek with our parents. Obviously you are not going to hide mega hard! you might just leave a little sign for us, like maybe a foot sticking out, you leave us these signs, so that we can find you! because you actually do want us to find you. God is the exact same way, he will leave a foot out for us, by giving us the scriptures. He also gives us prophets. He really does want us to find him. We just have to pray and pray and pray! I love sharing this scripture with investigators. but it really does apply for all of us. :)

Well Family! I love you guys so dang much! I feel way lucky to have you guys in my life. I am pretty sure Grandma and Grandpa will look at this so, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! :) I hope you both had great birthdays! :) I will also email them something real quick! I love you guys! Have a great week! Don't get too stressed out with school and wedding and everything stuff!! :)

Con Amor, Elder Lawrence

Holy cow! I almost totally forgot to tell you an awesome story I had this week! Well I want to tell you right now because it was such a way cool experience... So we had an amazing opportunity to meet the Scadlock family this week. They were very nice and very happy to meet us. Their daughter was the missionary who passed away in Resistencia Argentina about 4 months ago from E-coli... That is such a strong family and I was so grateful to meet them. I got to know her dad really well and her older brother a little. They were on their way to Santiago, Chile to visit the dads old mission after touring Resistencia. Well there is a TON of snow up in the Andes right now, so no one can drive to Chile from here. So they were stranded at the terminal. Well they got a hold of some missionaries in Resistenia which passed them to us and so we went and saved them! haha and they slept at President and Hermana Goates house. Me and my companion got to spend an afternoon with her dad and her grandpa as we ran through the terminal trying to get their ticket reimbursed. well we ended up getting it all figured out! they also ended up leaving the next morning at 6:00 so we went and picked them up at 5:00am at Presidents house and us and President took them to the airport. I feel so lucky I got to meet them and get to know them. I feel so sad for what happened, but they all have great attitudes and they were all so happy. and that is whats sooo great about the gospel! That we can all live as families forever! Just wanted to share that with you guys real quick! 
Love you! Have a great week!


 Welcome the newest member to the family! I bought this tie at Walmart here for like 75 pesos! (So like 7 bucks) its pretty nice! I hope you can see the design!

 Happy 1 year mark to my comp! half way there broski!
Shout out to my mom for sending me this awesome shirt! it was a hit with all the other missionaries. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment