Monday, January 11, 2016

January 11, 2016

Hey Hey Family! Everything is going great here! Tunuyan is still gorgeous! This morning we woke up and it was super foggy! It has been like forever since I had seen fog! Our house is way cute for sure! haha ummm yeah there is a ton of bugs here I was using my bug spray at first because the bugs were eating me up like the first week but I think they got sick of me or something because now I have no problems! Also around our house there is like a million snails (seriously a million) I feel bad sometimes when we come in at night time because I can't see the ground really but I will hear a loud crunch under my shoe haha R.I.P snails.

Yeah it rains almost everyday here... not always super hard but like a group of clouds will come in for a little and rain a little and then leave and it just gets super humid after that! But most nights I go to bed a little hot from riding the bike all day and everything but always in the mornings its freezing!  I might break out the sleeping bag soon.

No my comp doesn't speak English, but he is learning! I have had him saying his prayers in English whenever we are in the pench! I also had him give the spiritual thought in district meeting last week in English! It wasn't bad! But yeah we only speak Spanish.

Mom bike areas rock! You can do so much more! You shouldn't be scared, I don't feel like its dangerous... In the centro part of Tunuyan they have bike lanes and that's the way we go whenever its night time so that's good!

Yeah District Leader is awesome! It makes me a little nervous at times! haha like this Friday we have interviews with President Goates (like we do every 3 months) and I have to prepare a presentation to give to my District and Hermana Goates while the missionaries have their interviews. It has to be at least an hour long but maybe longer depending on how long my district takes to have interviews... so I will just tell them all to be quick! ;)  I am not too nervous! I have to speak about goals and setting goals and just everything about goals! We will see how it goes. :) But yeah to answer you question District meeting went good last week! I made brownies and Hermana Maseda made some upside down cake! It was super good!

Speaking of President Goates, he came to our church yesterday! Because we are a Branch he is basically the Stake President over us! So he came and set apart an Elder in our branch to go on his mission this Wednesday! Pretty crazy that he gets set apart 3 days before he actually leaves! His name is Gabriel Vera! He is a super awesome guy! He is going to serve in Chile. I don't remember what mission but yeah! I will send you a photo we took with him!

Yes we have some investigators! The people are amazing here! They are actually super receptive! We met this girl named Juana last Monday or Tuesday and we taught her the first lesson and invited her to church and she came with her two sons! She said she invited her husband to come and he was going too but he had to leave for something so he wasn't home when we passed by. But yeah, I have been loving the work here! There is some parts of our area that are super humble too. We have one investigator that has a baptismal fecha named Gladis and she is reading the Book of Mormon and everything but she is struggling to come to church! I think she is shy or something... we are going to keep working with her! We also have lunch with members a good amount! I think like every Wednesday Friday Saturday and Sunday! My comp is a stud chef though! He has been teaching me some Argentine dishes so I am stoked to show you guys when I get home! He taught me how to make chimichuri its like a sauce, it's the bomb!

Well basically this email was just me answering tons of questions! I don't really have time to write anything else! But I loved the photo of you guys at Jacey's homecoming! I can't believe she is home!!!! Tell her I say sup. :) I hope things go good with the exchange student! I think he has some hard core jet lag hahahaha. I love you guys tons! You guys are the best family. Be safe. Today we are making Pizzas in our church and playing soccer! whoo whoo! Everyone likes to come to our little city for P-days because its the coolest one... haha jk but yeah everyone always comes to Tunuyan for P-days in the zone! Love you guys! I hope Kamrie is all better now!

Love, Elder Lawrence

 All the trees droop down in the mornings because of little water droplets. I thought it looked pretty cool close up.

 Me and Elder Bustos bought some sweet cups for 3 pesos (like 30 cents haha)

 You can't really tell that I am soaking wet in this photo but yeah I am. We got caught in a down pour on the way home from a lesson.

  Elder Vera! Right after being set apart as a missionary! He looks like David Artchuleta and is going to serve in the same mission that he served in! haha

Chilling in the back seat of some members car on the way to lunch. You cant really see but there are two kids and they are crazyyyyyy! hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment