Monday, April 18, 2016

T minus 2 months (this Friday haha)

Hey Hey Family!!! 
Everything is going great here! Nope I haven't heard anything about earthquakes here! That's pretty crazy that there have been a couple recently! Geez mom you don't need to yell at me via the internet hahah jk but no I didn't really have space to pack around my coat and my sleeping bag, so I chose the sleeping bag over the coat! I ended up buying one for really cheap though, it was like less than 20 bucks. 

Man I really don't miss the wind! For some reason almost all of my companions say they love the wind! I think they are crazy. That's pretty cool Adam is back in Hurricane! and that Hurricane is actually winning some baseball games!! and that is way crazy about all the stuff going on with the trees on our street! I can't believe everyone is freaking out about that! I have no idea which side I would take!! That's pretty crazy though that all the neighbors are mad at each other over that. I think they are making a big deal out of something that shouldn't be a big deal haha. Also that's pretty cool about Tyson giving his homecoming talk on fast Sunday! I didn't know you could do that! 

Everything is going pretty good here in Tunuyan! We haven't seen the sun in like 2 weeks straight! But yeah things are great. :) Elder Quist is doing way good! He is adjusting really well. I have seen major progress in his Spanish for sure! We have been doing a lot of cooking! We eat these things called milanesas like every night! haha I love it!

I just realized I never really tell you about District meetings! Well we have them every Tuesday morning at 10:30 and it goes till about 12:30 and then we eat lunch together as a District! We kinda invented that, not all districts do that. But yeah basically we start with a hymn and then a prayer and I pre-ask someone to share a spiritual thought and then afterwards we talk about the investigators that we all have and what we can do to help them, and then after that I give a little lesson on something from Preach my Gospel and do an activity or something and then we end with another hymn and prayer. It's pretty awesome! Just thought I should tell you that. haha :) We also made Milinesa tacos after district meeting this past week.... SOO GOOD! 

Man we think we are going to have to drop one of our investigators named Ayto. He was progressing wayyy good at first! It always makes me sad to drop people, but sometimes you just have to do it! We passed by on Saturday so that he could come with us to District Conference but he said he didn't want to because the church is far away and he is lazy... but the thing is that the church is like 5-6 blocks from his house!!! I know people who walk or ride bikes wayyyyy farther than that! Like it makes me way sad but yeah I think we are going to drop him this week.

Well That's basically all for now! I am wayyy excited to skype with you guys!!! It will be crazy because it will be the last skype before I come home! Crazy stuff right there. I am glad that you guys are doing good!  I will email Elder Landt about the package thing for sure. Yeah sign me up in some college classes with Bryson and Taylee! Well I hope you guys have a great week! I love you guys sooooooo MUCH and I love hearing from you! It always makes my week! You guys are always in my prayers too. :)

Love, Elder Lawrence
 Utah Jazz in the tiny town of Tunuyan, Mendoza, Argentina.

 We found a burnt bible, it made me sad. :(


 Cool lightening storm right behind the church!

 Power outage because of cool lighteneing storm right behind the church

  Next morning everything looked awesome though! Feels like I am serving in Portland or something.

 My companion took this photo at District meeting last week... Everytime I look at this photo the theme song from Full House plays in my head... the part thats like "everywhere you look, everywhere you go, theres a place, of somebody who needs you!" 

 Just on our morning jog!

 Just kidding haha The hermanas here were struggling to find news so we did a service project thing where we went around there area and asked people if we could rake the leaves off of their porches! It actually worked pretty well!

Me holding a little cat that looks like a tiny bear. I don't think I am allergic to cats anymore... I don't know what happened but yeah I can hold cats and stuff now! haha 

No comments:

Post a Comment