Monday, April 25, 2016

April 25, 2016

Hey Hey Family!!! Everything is going way awesome here in Tunuyan! How are you guys doing?? Well This was one of the coldest weeks of my life! Man these past couple days it has been freezing and super rainy! Lots of members were telling us that it is supposed to snow here today!!! Yesterday we still went out and worked in the rain and man it felt like my skeleton was cold. My socks were completely soaked!!! But it felt super nice when we got back to the pench. :) It will be a nice toasty day when I get home in June! haha :)

Oh also I came up with an awesome idea for P-day today! Since it's going to snow we are having a half Christmas P-day haha! We are going to do a big Christmas breakfast for lunch and Elder Christensen is making eggnog. We are also going to do a white elephant gift exchange. Mine is hilarious haha! and yeah maybe someone will bring some Christmas music. :)

I liked the photos from Kamrie's dance! Looked like tons of fun! Is Ashlyn dating Noah or are they just friends? He has some awesome hair just like his bro!  And wow that's awesome that Krusherz did so good in their tournament this past weekend! Sounds like a tonnn of baseball games though!  That's way cool though!  Glad to hear that everything went good with the neighborhood meeting! Glad to hear that mostly everyone is happy again! haha :)

Yep everything is going great with me and Elder Quist. You can't tell from the photos but he looks a lot like Elder Child but taller!  The work is going good here though. It was hard to get investigators (let alone members) to church yesterday because of the freezing rain but Javier and his family came as usual! He now has 11 assitances and still isn't baptized, I think that's a record somewhere haha! But we have interviews this Wednesday with President Goates so I think I am going to ask him for some advice there. :) I also have to give another talk thing while people are in interviews about "commitments" and asking people to commit to stuff like coming to church and things like that! Keep me in your prayers! :)

This week we went by our investigators that live in Colinia de las Rosas which is like a little town 9 kilometros from Tunuyan and we had a sweet lesson with them about the gospel of Jesus Christ. My comp talked about Faith and did a way good job. I talked about repentance and I think it really hit them. I also tied repentance in with fear, because if you think about it, ever since the time of Adam and Eve there has been fear (when they hid because they didn't have clothes) and to this day we all have fears. But God is always telling us not too fear so afterwards I shared this scripture with them.  

33 Fear not to do goodmy sons, for whatsoever ye sow,that shall ye also reap; therefore, if ye sow good ye shall also reap good for your reward.
 34 Therefore, fear not, littlflockdo good; let earth anhell combine against you, for if ye are built upon my rock,they cannot prevail.
 35 Behold, do not condemn you; go your ways and sin no more; perform with soberness the work which have commanded you.
 36 Look unto me in every thoughtdoubt not, fear not.
 37 Behold the wounds which pierced my side, and also the prints of the nails in my hands and feet; be faithful,keep my commandments, and ye shall inherit the kingdom of heaven.
And afterwards the spirit was super strong! I felt like it helped them to not fear and have faith and repent. :)
Well yeah that was like the highlight of this week! Hey if you have any fun team work activity ideas I would love them for my district meetings! If you don't its all good! haha :) Well I hope you guys know that I love you to death and then more. You guys are always in my prayers as well! I can't wait to skype in like 2 weeks!!! That's way exciting! It feels like we recently skyped! haha I hope you guys have a great week! :)
Love, Elder Lawrence
PS... Yeah Kody told me he wont be coming home till March 2017!!! That is super crazy! It kinda makes me sad because I won't get to see him forever but at the same time he is making a way good choice. :)
 Just me and the dogs. I feel like I look like my cousin James right here

  The snow is coming.

 We went to Mendoza to do my hijos tramites and we ordered Fidelitos... it was amazing

  I killed this misquito but I was too late.

I found Mortensens jacket in the offices when I was looking for my lost jacket. This is his nickname and a soccer player for team USA.

 
Snagged this photo while we were in Mendoza and I thought it looked pretty cool!

The snow is COMING!!!

We made roast yesterday... best. idea. eva.

No comments:

Post a Comment