Monday, September 22, 2014

September 22, 2014

Hola!! how are you?? :) Im doing great!!! yep this week is transfers and I am staying with Elder Connolly in San Rafael!!! WOO!! haha I am so happy to be staying here! Elder Cahoon and Kidman are staying here too so thats good. :) 

It looks like things are good there!! Wow Grady has an awesome beard! I am way jealous of his beard! haha He looks like a young Grandpa Sinclair!! I hope I get the family gene of having a cool beard when I am older!! haha :)

Thats awesome that Hurricane beat Cedar at their homecoming!! That is surprising that they keep winning!! I hope Kamrie is still liking cheerleading and what not. :)

Thats cool you guys had the ward party and got Sonny Boys on Saturday! Sonny Boys is way good, but I promise, the meat here is wayyyyy better! haha I swear I will be fat from all the food here!! I love the meat here, I could eat the same thing everyday, which is Asado! Its just like Argentine Barbeque... I think I might have already told you about it so I wont go into too much detail! haha

Today after cyber we are going bowling!!! I am so stoked! remember the last time we went bowling in Vegas and we saw Drake and his family?? that was way fun and funny!!! haha but yeah I love bowling so I am stoked! haha :)

So to answer some of your questions... My week was great! it was great chatting with you the other day. :) Our investigators are good! I am glad that I have at least 6 more weeks to work with them!! We had 1 of our 3 progressing investigators go to church this past week! I wish they all would go but thats all good. :) haha

so a funny story about church yesterday... There is this super old lady in our ward who has been a member forever, and she was saying the closing prayer, and she goes up there and says "Father, thank you for this day, In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen"........... Thats it! haha I have heard her pray before in our gospel principles class and it was way longer than that.... But yeah it reminded me a ton of when Kamrie or Ethan would say the prayer at dinner time! haha! ;)

Its not to scary knocking doors... people are usually pretty nice! even if they don't want to hear from us! they just will say they respect what we do but they don't want to talk to us! haha so yeah knocking doors is fine for me. :)

Yeah I understand basically everything I hear!!! The thing that Argentines do is the don't really say there S"s too much! haha so when they saw "mas o menos" (more or less) is sounds like "ma o meno" haha so that is just something I have to get use to! they kinda mumble too, but I mumble too, so its all good! haha ;)

Well yeah everything is great here! I am super grateful to be staying in San Rafy a little longer! I feel like I know all the street names and everything! haha so everything is good here! I hope things continue to be good at home! Tell Grady I am jealous of his beard! haha :) I love you guys sooo MUCH! I am so grateful for everything you do for me!!! :)

Love, Elder Lawrence

P.S.... Me and Elder Connolly are wanting to make some chocolate chip cookies... Do you think you could send me a recipe so we can make some?? haha that would be awesome. Love you tons!!! :)

 Check out this cool guy I met! ......haha Just kidding he just snored way loud for 3 hours all the way to Mendoza Centro! haha :)

 This was the first day that it was warm enough to wear a short sleeve shirt in San Rafael!!

 I am never too far away from good ol' Utah. :)

Someone cough-cough* (Elder Connolly) forgot to pay the electricity bill... so here he is moping up the water (which was ice that melted inside our fridge! haha :)

1 comment:

  1. I just love these letters of Blake's. That is so funny that they didn't pay the electric bill! And how fun that he made cookies and took them to people. I would send him some chocolate chips but I'm sure it would cost an arm and a leg!!!

    ReplyDelete