Monday, November 24, 2014

November 24, 2014

Hey Hey Familia! como andan! Things were great this week! Man I swear the harder I work, the faster the week goes! and this week was wayyy fast! haha I love being in San Rafael! the weather has been super nice this week! super hot sometimes but we got some good storms! oh and I'm glad the computer is fixed now! haha :)

So I talked to my companion and yeah we do skype on Christmas!!! whoo! :) I cant wait to skype! Also something good, remember when I told you about my ward mission leader? how he speaks English, yeah well he does a lot of translating for people over skype that are in the states, and he has a really really nice computer and camera and good wifi for his work, So we want to skype at his house on Christmas day! We will see though if I get transferred though, Transfers are on the 16th of December and Elder Connolly leaves the 29th, because he is going home early for school, but we will see what happens!

No I haven't got the package yet... the holding is in Mendoza Centro so I will probably get the package next Zone Meeting... which is the first week in December! Oh! another thing I was thinking about, So you know how you put the airhead candies in the letters, I love it sooo much!!! haha and everyone is jealous... But I have a request for in your next letter... So there is no such thing as ranch here... NO WHERE!!! haha They only put olive oil on salads... well do you think you could put one of those ranch packets in a letter?? haha I am craving ranch! maybe one of the fiesta ranches too! haha I would love that!!! :) but I really do love the airheads they are appreciated. :)

That's good to hear about Darian!! I hope she is doing good! and I miss dinner at Grandma and Grandpas! Does Grady still have the awesome beard??

That's too bad about Hurricane losing at state! :( Man I wish Ammon would've just stayed and played for Hurricane! We would've been soo good!! Yeah we will have to see how basketball season goes!!

Man I cant believe its already Thanksgiving! They have Thanksgiving here they just don't celebrate it, they just close all the shops for the day (like every weird holiday here) yeah here its called "el dia de la acción de gracias" There is also no such thing as turkey here haha... we are going to try and buy a whole chick and make it look like a Thanksgiving turkey. :) Don't worry I will send some pics!

We did something fun this morning, we woke up early (like 6:00) so we could go on a jog! it was so nice outside! we jogged past two huge Bodegas! (its like a huge vineyard and winery) it reminded me of how cold it was whenever we would walk past the church farm by our house! haha except these were grapevines and not peach trees. :)

So this week we worked a ton with less active members!!! We have a huge list and we have been visiting them all! We had a pretty cool experience with a less active lady (its a sad story though, be ready), So 14 years ago this old lady was really really active and loved the church and her family was active too... well her Grand-daughter got very sick and was in the hospital, So she called her bishop and asked him if he could or someone else could go to the hospital and give her grand daughter a blessing... well the bishop said something about how she wasn't in his ward or something so he couldn't go give the baby a blessing... and the next day the baby died. :( and she was sooo sad and so mad at the bishop, that she hasn't gone back to church in 14 years... Well we gave her a blessing of comfort and taught her about the Atonement and she felt the spirit, she said she will start reading in the Book of Mormon again, but she doesn't want to go to church yet. I feel so sad for her, so I hope we can help her become active again and just have her know that families are forever!!!

Well I hope you guys know that I love you sooo much and that I KNOW that families are forever, because of the Atonement! we can barley start to comprehend all the the Atonement has done for us, but I am just sooo grateful for it in my life. :) its great hearing from all of you! (Kam's finally wrote me haha that lil punk) your guys emails are definitely my favorite ones every week. It's great to hear you all doing so good. :) I love you all soo much!

Love, Elder Lawrence


 You are looking at the worlds best district!! (plus our zone leaders haha) 


No comments:

Post a Comment