Monday, March 9, 2015

Some exciting News!!!!!!

Hey Family!!!

How are you all doing?? I am doing really good! sorry I am writing so late but I have some way big news to tell you guys!!!!  So Saturday night me and Elder Perez are just getting ready for bed around 10:30 and then we get a call from the office Elders, and Elder Perez answers it and then they asked if they could speak to me..... well he asked me if I was sitting, and if I wasn't that I should go sit down, so I go sit down and I am kinda freaking out because I didn't know what was going on... Well then he says "....Elder Lawrence...... CONGRATULATIONS you are the new Secretary of the Argentina Mendoza Mission!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" 

....CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!?!?!... as of today, I am the Secretary of the mission!!! I am an office Elder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They told me that I had to pack Sunday and leave Monday morning! So here I am right now, sitting in my new office, writing you guys on my own computer! haha isn't that crazy??

My companion is Elder Willard from Las Vegas! He has 10 months in the mission right now! He is a way cool dude and I am pretty sure I have played him in baseball before!  He will be training me for the next 6 weeks here in the offices and then after that I am on my own!

Today has been pretty awesome here in the offices! Its so crazy to me, because all these Elder's I have looked up to so much (like assistants to the president and the other office elders) I now just hang out with them all day! It is way cool. :)

They had me leave today from my area instead of Thursday because a lot of my job is helping the missionaries during transfers and getting on the right buses and everything!

Next week I will explain a little better all of my duties as Secretary but today I don't really have too much time too write!

Also I got some letters from you guys today!!! They come straight to us so I get them right away. Thank you so much for those. :)

Sorry I am just talking all about me but I really hope you guys have fun in Las Vegas!!! It probably wont be as fun without me there but hey that's alright. ;)

If you had any questions for me today just ask again next week! 

Well I am really excited for this next point of my mission. I am excited for the different mission work I am going to have now, because I know this mission work is just as important as the other mission work.

I love you guys with all of my heart and I am so grateful for such an awesome family! Be safe in Vegas! Don't have too much fun without me! :)

Love, The Secretary, Elder Lawrence

PS... Office Elders have a different P-day than the other Elders... So now I will be emailing every Saturday! Saturdays are my p-days now... so hey just email before this Saturday because that's my next p-day! Love you guys!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment